It was one of those idyllic spring mornings when I thought about how nice it is to see nature reborn. Flowers blooming, birds chirping and for a while, I have to admit, I thought maybe I was a child of nature too. … When BAM!
My daydreaming was abruptly interrupted by my frightened and terrified voices. I just realized that the food closet was filled within one night – hundreds of ants. And while they seemed to have found the Garden of Eden in my house. And for me at the same time i felt like Adam when he was expelled from paradise.
After countless hours of trying in vain to destroy them, I came to the following conclusion: Nature is wonderfully provided you don’t have to share your home (and your food) with the little ones, disgusting and full of germs of her little creatures. A little later on the same day I decided that the only solution was to disinfect – Αποφρακτική Αντωνίου, so that I could get rid of the ants and any other would-be intruder.
The process of disinfestation does not only concern the specialist (apofraxeis) who will undertake it, but also the interested party since there are procedures that he must follow in order to have a correct and safe result. Below I present the list of the 10 things I learned (and that you should know too) for the proper disinfestation of the house!
What are the most common insects invading our homes?
Certainly the area in which everyone lives (mountainous, lowland, coastal, city, village, etc.) significantly affects the type of insects that exist and it is possible to visit the house. However, there are specific categories of insects that appear more often in the house and create smaller or larger problems, but in any case their presence is not pleasant at all. The most common insects that invade the house are:
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are the most common unwanted visitor to homes. There are 3 different types of cockroaches, which are the most common. The German cockroach is the most persistent species of cockroach. They are the smallest in size and blonde in color, while they have a weakness for hot and humid places, so they usually nest in the kitchen cupboards and in the bathroom. The black cockroach also has a weakness for wet parts and usually wanders around the house drains. The American cockroach behaves in the same way, with the difference that it can also fly.
- Bedbugs: Bedbugs are an increasingly common problem in recent years. They are blood-sucking insects, small (4-7 mm), and moths, which usually nest in the bedroom and especially around the bed.
- Fleas: Fleas are carried by pets or stray animals in a home and are also blood-sucking insects. They are also small in size (1-3 mm), antennae on the head and cause severe skin irritation with their stings.
- Ants: Ants usually appear at home suddenly, in armies (something reminds me), and multiply very quickly.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes and gnats are very annoying and dangerous to health insects, as they can transmit serious diseases (such as malaria, yellow fever, etc.). They occur in large populations, especially in the summer months.
- Flies: Flies and drains are carriers of germs and viruses, which often transmit to humans.
- Garlic and food beetles: These insects mainly infect woolen clothes or stored food.
- Dust mites: Dust mites are found on the mattress of the bed or sofa and are the cause of many allergies and skin ailments.
What attracts these insects?
Each insect is attracted to and favored by different conditions. In general, lack of cleanliness and the presence of exposed foods exacerbate problems with insects and rodents.
This also applies to cockroaches. They specifically prefer dark places where they find moisture and food to nest and reproduce. Any food intended for humans can be tempting to cockroaches. They can live for months without water but they definitely need moisture. Therefore, water leaks or stagnant water should be avoided.
Bedbugs feed on the blood of humans and other mammals, so your home, and in particular, yourself is quite attractive to them. The fact that adult insects can survive for up to 6 months without food while reproducing and spreading with particular speed and ease makes them a great danger to home and health.
Fleas, similar to bedbugs, feed and are attracted to the blood of mammals and birds. Their weakness is the dark parts of the house where they lay their eggs. And while adult insects feed exclusively on blood, the larvae do not bite and feed exclusively on organic matter, such as feces from other insects.
Ants work systematically and are constantly looking for food to transport to their nest. Your food is enough to attract them and nest in your home in your sweets, such as honey and jams. And while there are foods that ants hate, such as salt, lemon, and vinegar, which are natural repellents, their presence does not have a guaranteed effect.
Finally, flies, flies, and mosquitoes are among the insects that appear most easily in a home. You may see flies and flies swarming around food, sweets, organic matter, or garbage, while mosquitoes prefer dark and wet places and reproduce in stagnant water.
When is the right time for disinfestation and why?
As the weather warms up, insects multiply and grow faster. So the best time for disinfestation is generally from spring to autumn, as insects are most active at that time. March and April are ideal months for disinfestation, as the weather warms up and insects multiply more easily. For special insect problems, such as fleas and bed bugs, there is no suitable period for preventive disinfestation because the application is done only if the infestation occurs.
I have children or pets, will they be affected? If so, what can I do?
In places where there are children or pets, the precautionary measures for post-disinfection must be strictly observed, as mentioned above. Also, in such cases it is preferable to use drugs that are milder and less toxic.
Who should I trust to disinfect my home or office?
Depending on the area you are in, you can search and find reputable disinfestation companies and approved professionals (apofraxeis Athinas).Look for reviews from previous clients of each professional to see if they were happy with the result.
Read more about professionals tips:
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΠΟΛΥΜΑΝΣΕΙΣ ΑΝΑΤΟΛΙΚΑ ΠΡΟΑΣΤΙΑ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΠΟΛΥΜΑΝΣΕΙΣ ΒΟΡΕΙΑ ΠΡΟΑΣΤΙΑ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΠΟΛΥΜΑΝΣΕΙΣ ΔΥΤΙΚΑ ΠΡΟΑΣΤΙΑ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΠΟΛΥΜΑΝΣΕΙΣ ΝΟΤΙΑ ΠΡΟΑΣΤΙΑ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΡΓΥΡΟΥΠΟΛΗ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 18.104.22.168
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΡΤΕΜΙΔΑ 22.214.171.1246
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΣΠΡΟΠΥΡΓΟΣ 126.96.36.1996
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΤΤΙΚΗ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 188.8.131.526
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΥΛΩΝΑ 184.108.40.2066
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΒΥΡΩΝΑΣ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 220.127.116.119